Menard USA is currently seeking several Drill Rig Operators to add to our growing team in the Louisiana and Texas areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Skillfully operating, maintaining, repairing, and cleaning heavy equipment including Bauer & Liebherr drill rigs.
- Directing the operation of the crew assigned to the equipment.
- Maintaining daily drill logs and equipment inspection forms.
- Preforming and documenting daily and weekly inspections while on the ground and in the manlift at heights up to 85’
- Informs Superintendent or site mechanic of malfunctioning equipment or equipment related problems
- Record keeping as required to assure project installation parameters are met.
- Recognizing any conflicts with other work being performed on the job site.
- Willing to operate and become certified with the various equipment utilized on our job sites.
- Supporting all field activities as required by individual project sites.
- Working effectively with all field personnel.
- Serving as a Safety Leader at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of heavy machinery operation and capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of different drilling and excavating techniques.
- Ability to listen, understand and follow instructions.
- Excellent mechanical and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Experience operating drill rigs and other heavy equipment preferred. On the job training offered. Must have the ability to pass required safety certifications. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Prolonged periods of operating heavy machinery.
- Able to work long periods in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Extensive out of town travel required for this position
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at email@example.com.