Menard is seeking several qualified Equipment Mechanics to join our team with openings in New Jersey, Pittsburgh, PA, Leland, NC and our Gulf Coast and Midwest regions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairing and maintaining all equipment, both rented and owned.
- Inputting equipment repairs via work orders and related web-based software tools.
- Being a leader in terms of safety, work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with field employees including supervision levels.
- Working closely with other mechanics to improve internal processes and sharing of information.
- Servicing of equipment on various job sites.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems independently on out of town job sites.
- Following and upholding all required safety rules and regulations.
- Recognizing and correcting safety hazards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of understanding of diesel, hydraulics and electrical related applications.
- Ability to work with diagrams, schematics and all related diagnostic work.
- Working knowledge of heavy equipment including, but not limited to cranes, excavators, concrete pumps, foundation drilling rigs (Bauer, Liebherr, etc.).
- Mechanically inclined with great problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and stressful environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of related experience required. Welding experience is a plus.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
This position is eligible for a signing bonus up to $7,500 plus full-time use of a company truck!
Extensive overnight travel is required for this position.
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at email@example.com.