Menard Group USA is seeking qualified Estimating Engineers to work in our New Orleans, LA and Sacramento, CA offices.
The candidate will be responsible for sales, estimating and project development related tasks. Additionally, the Estimating Engineer will need to have strong communication and critical thinking skills to collaborate with clients to develop creative solutions to mitigate challenging soil conditions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and interpreting civil, structural and geotechnical construction documents.
- Preparing geotechnical designs, cost estimates and proposals for ground support solutions.
- Communicating with clients, engineers and architects to move the sales process along and bring the project to contract.
- Performing detailed geotechnical and structural calculations in collaboration with our sales and engineering resources.
- Making technical presentations to prospects and supporting the educational training of clientele.
- Collaborating with members of the sales and operations teams.
- Visiting project sites to increase technical knowledge.
- Negotiation of contract terms and closing of sales when designated as the sales lead.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers.
- Supporting the business development department by attending trade shows and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of basic geotechnical design principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a smaller branch environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, geology or other related field, plus 1-3 years of related experience preferred
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Some travel will be required for this position.
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.