Menard USA is currently seeking qualified Project Engineers to join our Charleston, SC, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, and New Orleans, LA, offices.
As a Project Engineer you will provide technical, quality control and administrative support to Superintendents, Project Managers, and Construction Managers on jobsites. You will mainly be working on jobsites the first 2-3 years, with available office time spent assisting sales, estimating and project managers. As such, the Project Engineer will have significant exposure to design engineering, bidding and estimating.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring that all Menard, OSHA, MSHA, and site-specific safety regulations are followed/enforced
- Performing and managing field quality control tests and production records
- Researching and resolving drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors
- Performing basic field surveys, resolving geometry issues, preparing drawings/sketches to support construction work
- Preparing RFI’s and assisting in preparation of change order documentation and claim analysis
- Ensuring all installation follows Menard Quality Control Manual
- Tracking invoices and handling documentation and proper submittals
- Performing detailed geotechnical and structural analysis while collaborating with our engineering department to develop work
- Developing business and searching for new opportunities and clients. Maintaining and establishing new relationships with our customers
- Preparing geotechnical designs, cost estimates and proposals for ground support solutions based on interpretation of project documents
- Communicating with Clients, Engineers and Architects to move the sales process along and bring the project to contract
- Negotiating contract terms Supporting the Marketing and Business Development departments by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Making technical presentations to prospects and supporting educational training of Menard clientele
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of basic geotechnical design and calculation principles
- Strong observation skills and ability to work with diligence
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, especially related to completion and documentation of all responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge (0-3 years) of geotechnical construction equipment and techniques (i.e. drawings, specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or geotechnical work)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology or related field. Prior experience with geotechnical construction and techniques a plus (i.e. drawings, specifications, building materials, surveying, design, or geotechnical work).
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting at desk
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to traverse facilities in all types of weather conditions
50% overnight travel required for this position
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.