Menard USA is currently seeking highly motivated Project Managers in our various regions including but not limited to our Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Tampa, FL, and Sacramento, CA offices.
As a Project Manager with Menard, you will make key decisions and recommendations on construction projects from the pre-task planning phase through closeout, as well as overseeing the administrative and technical aspects of these projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all Menard, OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced while coordinating with the project team and the Corporate Safety Manager.
- Scheduling of projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Managing contract negotiations, including preparing scope of work documents with clients and negotiating with subcontractors and major material suppliers.
- Generating initial and monthly project financial budgets and forecasts.
- Tracking, preparing and negotiating change orders and claims.
- Responsible for Contract Documents & Specifications Review and preparation of RFIs.
- Researching and resolving drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Responsible for client invoicing and AR cash collections.
- Acting as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Mentoring and training junior engineers within the region.
- Responsible for field activities that include quality control, documentation, submittal preparation and data analysis as well as running small work crews when necessary.
- Working closely with Corporate Operations personnel to develop and grow regional labor and equipment resources, refine operations procedures, and expand our technical capabilities.
- Collaborating with Menard regional sales team members and engineering resources.
- Supporting Regional Sales and Business Development efforts by attending and trade shows, conferences and technical presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of contract management, claims management and dispute resolution
- Understanding of engineering science and technology, design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans,
- blueprints, drawings, and models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field plus 5 years of project management experience in geotechnical construction.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities in all types of weather conditions.
- Up to 25% overnight travel within a given region required for this position.
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at email@example.com.