Menard USA is currently seeking a qualified Project Superintendent. As a Project Superintendent you will be responsible for the on-site execution, supervision, and safety of our specialty ground improvement projects. In this position you will be responsible for each project from the planning stages through completion.
- Assuring that all project and Company safety requirements are met.
- Conducting weekly safety meetings and daily JSA meetings.
- Conducting site safety orientation for employees working on a project site.
- Monitoring and completing equipment inspections reports and taking corrective action as needed.
- Reporting all incidents, near misses and good catches on job sites in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinating all safety concerns with site safety representatives of our clients, general contractors & subcontractors.
- Acting as a strong Safety leader at all times.
- Conducting and participating in safety audits.
- Attending all scheduling and coordination project meetings.
- Coordinating all equipment and material deliveries to the job site.
- Supervising and managing all daily work assignments of job site crews.
- Working effectively with Menard Field Engineers, Project Managers and Construction Managers.
- Reporting all site activities, time-cards on internal software platform (TIPS) daily.
- Coordinating travel of field personnel, lodging and approving crew expense reports.
- Quality control with respect to installation reports and specific design requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to read, understand and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
- Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to construction and building sites.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Vocational school training, apprenticeship or other formal education preferred. Minimum of 5 years of geotechnical experience preferred and experience operating specialty equipment a plus. Must have the ability to pass required safety certifications.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on rough terrain.
Extensive out of town travel required for this position
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.