Menard USA is seeking a Welder to join our Pittsburgh Shop Team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding, fabricating, repairing, and maintaining all equipment, both rented and owned
- Operating all authorized and required welding equipment
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Following and upholding all required safety rules and regulations
- Recognizing and correcting safety hazards
- General housekeeping duties relating to equipment, materials and cleaning of work area.
- Supporting any other shop activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints related to welding.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of welding experience.
- Prolonged periods (8+ hours) of standing and walking while wearing all required PPE.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
If you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume along with a completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Menard USA is a subsidiary of Menard Group – world leaders in ground improvement operating in more than 80 countries. As specialty design-build geotechnical contractors, our collaborative, skilled teams deliver practical and sustainable solutions for ground improvement at sites with problematic soils. Our dynamic teams are supported by the strength and stability of our international family.
As pioneers in ground improvement and one of the first ground improvement contractors in the United States, we are an innovative partner that excels when soil conditions are most challenging. With offices across the USA, our local crews mobilize quickly and efficiently to install skillfully engineered, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions for our clients.